Need a little extra effort to actualize your goals? These hard work quotes will fire you up.
Every successful person will tell you that hard work helped them achieve their dreams and goals. Working hard is often the difference between success and failure, but is also a rewarding pursuit in itself.
Below are the best hard work quotes and sayings from famous people who have reaped the rewards for being diligent and industrious in their pursuit. Get motivated and inspired with these quotes to put more effort to meet your goals. Read also, our best life quotes to get inspired also.
Hard work Quotes
1. “No matter how big your goals or dreams are, you can actualize them if only you can be determined, work hard and put a little more effort.” — Melly Zion
2. You cannot expect your work or yourself to grow without hard work.” — Henry C.C.
3. “Always strive to work harder than you did yesterday.” Gideon
4. “The difference between winners and losers, successful and unsuccessful is the amount of effort and hard work they put in what they do.” Eunice Christine
5. Be industrious, embrace hard work. Do not see it as punishment. Rather, see it as the only ladder to your success.” Benson Jackson
6. “Working hard will only give you what you need, but working harder will give you what you want.” Ellen Zachary
7. “No matter what you think about hard work, it is never a waste of time.” Daniel Ojang
8. “There are no two ways about success. Is either you work hard and become successful, or you remain indolent and be overtaken by poverty.” Jude C. Smith
9. “A hard-working person can never be poor. Even if you are not as wealthy as you want, you will never beg for bread.” Mary S. Mathias.
10. “Hard work may not pay off immediately but keep working until you get there.” Jennifer Anderson
11. “You will never be different from others if only what you do is the same with them. Be willing to outwork and out learn everyone.” Judith Afremas
12. “Good plans without the willingness to work hard is useless.” Monday C.
13. “Work hard is not innate, you develop it.” Gaius Haji Thomas
14. “Perseverance and hard work are the two secrets of success we know but always ignore.” Jeremy Halson
15. “If you have a dream, never stop hoping, never stop believing, and never stop working hard.” Faith Elizabeth.
16. “It is better to work hard while trying to meet your plans than to look for a shortcut to your success.” Thomas Anderson.
17. “Hard work does not kill. Therefore, keep pressing further.” Unknown
18. “Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.” Proverbs 6: : ESV
19. “Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time, who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done, if we are always doing.” Thomas Jefferson
20. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” Tim Notke
21. “Hard work is a seed. You need to plant it every day in whatever you do to get the result called success.” James Cartha.
22. “With self-confidence, determination, and hard work, you can beat anyone with talent who doesn’t work hard.” James Cartha
23. “Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.” Proverbs 22: 29 KJV
24. “The only shortcut to success is to work hard.” Anonymous
25. “The reward for hard work is abundance.” Christine Maynor
26. “No one understands and appreciates the American Dream of hard work leading to material rewards better than a non-American.” —- Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential
27. “Do not feel inferior when you think you don’t have the talent to succeed. A little extra effort can do the magic for you.” Alexandra Tweedle
28. “I do not fear a man with talent than I fear a man who is diligent in his works.” Mary Kharta.
29. “Any student who fails to embrace hard work over talent should be ready to accept failure anytime it knocks at his door.” Martha Kwai
30. “Have talent but do not ignore the visible power of hard work.” Benjamin Shawaye
31. “Life rewards those who work hard for it.” Anonymous
32. “I never took a day off in my 20s. Not one.” Bill Gates, the co-founder of Microsoft
33. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” Colin Powel,
34. “Work hard, have fun, make history.” Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon
35. “ Without labor, nothing prospers.” By a Philosopher, Sophocles
36. “I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but should get you pretty near.” Margaret Hilda Thatcher
37. “Be prepared, work hard, and hope for a little luck. Recognize that the harder you work and the better prepared you are, the more luck you might have.” Edward Rudolph (Founding partner at Rudolph Clarke, LLC.)
38. “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” Ralph Waldo Emerson (an American essayist, lecturer, philosopher)
39. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” Colin Luther Powell
40. “Developing a good work ethic is key. Apply yourself at whatever you do, whether you’re a janitor or taking your first summer job, because that work ethic will be reflected in everything you do in life.” Tyler Perry (An American actor, director, producer and screenwriter).
41. “At the end of the day, you put all the work in, and eventually it’ll pay off. It could be in a year, it could be in 30 years. Eventually, your hard work will pay off.” Kevin Darnell Hart
42. “Dreams can come true, but there is a secret. They’re realized through the magic of persistence, determination, commitment, passion, practice, focus, and hard work. They happen a step at a time, manifested over years, not weeks.” Elbert Green Hubbard
43. “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.” Thomas Alva Edison
44. “To achieve what one percent of the world’s population has, you must be willing to do what only one percent dares to do.” Manoj Arora (a gold medalist in engineering from AMU, Aligarh)
45. “The best way to learn is by doing. The only way to build a strong work ethic is getting your hands dirty.” Alexander Gus Spanos (An American billionaire real estate developer, founder of the A. G)
46. “There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” Calvin Coolidge (an American lawyer and politician)
47. “Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.” Martin Luther King, Jr. (an American Baptist minister and activist).
48 “I don’t like work – no man does – but I like what is in the work – the chance to find yourself. Your own reality – for yourself not for others – what no other man can ever know. They can only see the mere show, and never can tell what it really means.” Joseph Conrad (a Polish-British writer regarded as one of the greatest novelists to write in the English language)
49. “You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you’re doing. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself.” Alan Alda (an American actor and comedian)
50. “This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” Alan Wilson Watts (an English philosopher, writer and speaker known for interpreting and popularizing Buddhism)