International Women’s day, which is on the 8th of March, 2022, is a global event and a day we support and celebrate women’s rights. Women’s equality ought to be supported and encouraged all over the world. As a result of this, we came up with this list of 62 International women’s day quotes to help you spread the word (using their hashtags #BreakTheBias and #IWD2022).
If you are not conversant with this movement, the IWD campaign started in the early 1900s. It is an annual event marked to celebrate women’s achievements, raise awareness about women’s equality, lobby for accelerated gender parity, and fundraise for female-focused charities.
2022 IWD theme is #BreakTheBias. Imagine a gender-equal world. A world free of bias, stereotypes, and discrimination. A world that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
Below are some quotes for international women’s day to celebrate our women all over the world.
62 International Women’s Day Quotes
1. “Women are the pillars of every home. You cannot do without them.” Unknown
2. “I wonder how lonely and isolated men would feel if God had not created women.” Jennifer Thomson
3. “Women may be seen as weaker vessels but they are the strongest creatures on earth. If you doubt, ask your mum how many months she carried you in her womb.” Anonymous
4. “Every girl is like a flower, appreciate them in their season.”
5. “If there is nothing to appreciate and celebrate women for, thank them for not aborting you when you were in their womb.”
6. “To all strong women: Together we can break the bias.”
7. “Women are born with the extraordinary capacity to lead in all spheres of life.”
8. “She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.” Proverbs 3:15
9. “Women are fighting for their rights, not to show their strength. They are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives them.”
10. “No matter how tough life is, there will always be a woman who will stand up and make us proud.”
11. “God is with women always, and even in the most difficult of times, he is there to support them and bring them strength for the new day.” (Good News) Psalm 46:5
12. “Women are the strength of men because they are taken out of them.”
13. “One woman with vision is better than one hundred irresponsible men in the society.”
14. “Whatever a man can do, a woman can even do better.” Anonymous
15.”A woman’s full potential is not realized in the kitchen. Her inner strength is discovered when she is given the opportunity to lead.”
16. “Where there is a woman, there is magic.” Ntozake Shange
17. “I’m proud to be a woman because I’m fearfully and wonderfully made.” Mary Ellen
18. “The silence of a woman speaks more than her voice.”
19. “The best gift to offer a woman isn’t love, alone. It is the freedom to express herself.”
20. “Well-behaved women rarely make history.” Eleanor Roosevelt
21. “The best way we can raise courageous mothers is to teach our girls to stand for what is right.”
22. “We’re not struggling for power. We don’t want to be the head. We only want you to change the way you see us.”
23. “If you are still doubting how important women are in the world, ask Adam how he felt before the woman was formed.”
24. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “To show how powerful women are, the man has to sleep before she was formed.” Unknown
26. “Whatever a woman has not done, she has not set her mind to do it.”
27. “Women are the instrument of change.” Rosemary Hitler
28. “If you want to know how strong a woman is, hand over power to her.” Solomon Winter
29. ” The worst mistake I see a lot of men making is to assume that a woman’s place is only in the kitchen. Give your wife the opportunity to make decisions and carry her along in whatever you do.” Jacob Zuma
30. ” Invest in a man and reap a man. Invest in a woman and reap a generation.”
31. “A strong woman looks a challenge in the eye and gives it a wink.” Gina Carey
32. “You cannot stop a woman with full determination to rise.” Rose Crythn.
33. “I do not wish women to have power over men, but over themselves.” Mary Shelley.
34. “There’s no substitute for women in the world.” Anonymous
35. “Women are stronger than mountains. They play the role of one thousand men at a time.”
36. “She is something even when she is treated like nothing.”
37. “You don’t have to play the masculine to be a strong woman.” Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
38. “Women are made to be loved, and not understood.” Oscar Wilde.
39. “If a woman is not shining, something is covering her. Every woman is a light of her own.”
40. “If you want something said, ask a man, if you want something done, ask a woman.”
41. “Think like a Queen. A Queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping-stone to greatness.” Oprah
42. “Freedom comes only when we change the way we see ourselves.” Desmond Jake
43. “Human rights are women’s rights and women’s rights are human rights.” Unknown
44. “The voice of a woman is her strength.” Elizabeth Cooker
45. “You cannot cover light and expects it to shine. Women are light, do not quench them.” Rosemary Rovell
46. “Womanhood ought to be valued and respected because women are our pride.” Steven Swetnam
47. “Feminism isn’t about competing with men about who will lead. It is all about recognizing and respecting our rights as women.” Anonymous
48. “The idea of perfect womanhood is perfect independence.” Swami Vivekananda
49. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” Mother Theresa.
50. “I don’t see any difference between a man and a woman. Life is created equal. We are born the same day, both men and women. We also die and are buried in the same 6 feet.” Anonymous
51. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” Nora Ephron
52. “Nothing can ever stop a woman from actualizing her dreams like fear. Castaway your fears and stand for what is right.” Jeremiah Remah
53. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” Michelle Obama
54. “To be a mother is a direct and uncompetitive position from God. Respect the power of a woman.” Rosemary Resevelt.
55. “Women are the source of inspiration to the entire human race.” Williams Gold
56. “To tell a woman everything she cannot do is to tell her what she can.” Spanish Proverbs
57. “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” Serena Williams.
58.” Value every woman in your life. You will never realize how important she is until the day she decides to leave.” Anonymous.
59. “When a woman is quiet, they say she is weak. When she speaks or stands for her right, they say she is stubborn.” Michelle Alfred.
60. “No woman should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’s rights are under attack, we fight back.” Kamala Harris.
61. “I’m a woman. I believe in equal rights. I stand for what is just. Together we can make a difference if only we can castaway our fears.” Anonymous
62. “You should never let your fears prevent you from doing what you know is right.” Aung San Suu Kyi
Share this pin:
- 5 Warning Signs He’s a Player and you should avoid him. - 18/05/2022
- 8 Tips For Overcoming The Fear Of Failure In Life - 18/05/2022
- 7 Signs of an Unhappy Relationship and How to recover - 16/05/2022